Central Coast California Earthship Community
What: Off-grid, community living, in the Santa Barbara/Central Coast region, through a proven 40+ year scalable and adaptable unique property model founded on sustainable principles.
How: By partnering with members to buy land and build sustainable homes, we create an affordable, off-grid living community. The community is exclusively Earthship homes. Members own lots which vary in size depending on home square footage and overall shared land acreage. Annual dues for the community are for road maintenance, sanitation, and the community improvement fund. Property taxes are assessed per member by Santa Barbara County. Community members agree to a Land User’s Code which is governed by the Board of Directors.
Why: A Unique Off Grid Living Community Experience
- Connect and live intentionally with likeminded people
- Completely off-grid, fossil fuel free modern living for any design aesthetic
- On site wastewater treating system repurposing water use 4x
- Integrated food production via greenhouse botanical cells
- To reduce the economic and institutional barriers between humans and their habitat.
- To reverse the overall negative effect that conventional human housing has on this planet.
- To create a less stressful plane of existence for humans in an effort to reduce the stress that they in turn place on the planet and each other.
- To interface economics and ecology in a way that immediately and tangibly affects current pressing problems with life on earth.
- To provide a direction for those who want to live in peace with each other and their environment.
- To empower individuals with the unarguable forces of nature as opposed to incapacitating them with the smothering forces of politics and bureaucracy.
- To find & distribute the appropriate soil from which the flower of humanity can blossom.
- To evolve humanity into an earthen harmony already exemplified by more evolved structures such as plants, animals and water.
- Locate land in Santa Barbara County/Central Coast area
- We will create the community construction plan of Earthship homes and land use
- The community will live by the Land User Guidelines
Interested in joining? Please fill out this form. Let us know if you have any questions.