With recent economic turmoil monopolizing the headlines, it has become more important than ever to understand fundamental economic terms and concepts. Randy Charles Epping's latest book will give you all the knowledge you need to make sense of the latest headlines and the economic trends behind today's crises and tomorrow's opportunities.
Complete with 101 easy-to-master tools for surviving and thriving in the new global marketplace, The 21st Century EconomyA Beginner's Guide is essential reading for anyone interested in understanding the complex economy of the world in which we live.
In today's expanding global economy, everyone has a role to play, not just the businessmen and politicianswhich means that somehow we're all going to have to become economically literate."
Randy Charles Epping, “The 21st Century Economy”
Remarkably, Epping is able to explain the global economy
in language that most readers will find both
understandable and interesting."
Library Journal, February, 2009
The economic upheaval of 2008 has left many investors and ordinary citizens stunned and confused, as it seems like none of the normal rules apply in this fast-paced world of electronic trading and instant information. We hear many terms thrown at us, but few understand their meaning or why they have any relevance to our own financial health. Epping, author of ‘A Beginner's Guide to the World Economy’ (1992), has created this beginner's guide to fundamental economic terms and concepts to help the average person understand and navigate the rapidly changing 21st-century economy. Oft-heard but confusing terms such as ‘credit default swap’ and ‘collateralized debt obligation’ are defined in concise, easy-to understand language to help readers make sense of the information overload coming via media sources like CNBC and the Internet. There is no guarantee that this guide will make you a better investor, but today more than ever it is essential that more citizens become economically literate, and this is a great place to start.”
David Siegfried, Booklist Review.
- Laurence Brahm is a global activist, international lawyer, political-economist, author, and chief economist of the New Earth Institute.
- He is the architect of two fresh economic paradigms, the Himalayan Consensus and the African Consensus.
- These evolved from decades in the field advising on investments, economic-financial reform and development, while pioneering one of the earliest social enterprises located in the Himalayas.
- A firm believer in multi-stakeholder approaches to economic and political solutions, he has practiced a lifestyle of crossover disciplines. As expressions of economic and transformational ideas, adopting various platforms such as architecture design, heritage protection, filmmaking, and writing.
- He has served as an interlocutor and mediator providing second track dialogue on complex international and cross-cultural issues.