Sustainable Home Building Types
Self-sustaining, can be totally off-grid, modern homes constructed from locally-sourced, reclaimed materials. Earthships can be built in any part of the world, in any climate and still provide comfort, electricity, potable water, contained sewage treatment and sustainable food production.
Earthships are thermal mass homes first, passive solar homes second. Meaning: Whatever temperature goes into an Earthship, it will hold and since it is also a Passive Solar House, it is also very tight and interacts only with the sun and the earth for heating and cooling, providing stable comfort year round in any climate.
The passive house design is ultra-insulated, sealed tight and can have some or all earthship systems: electricity, potable water, contained sewage treatment and sustainable food production.
Passive design strategy carefully models and balances a comprehensive set of factors including heat emissions from appliances and occupants to keep the building at comfortable and consistent indoor temperatures throughout the heating and cooling seasons. As a result, passive buildings offer tremendous long -term benefis in addition to energy efficiency.
Passive building principles can be applied to all building types from single-family homes to apartment building to offices and skyscrapers.
Custom (Green & Conventional)
Conventional building layouts using sustainable materials and system. Looks like a conventional home, but acts like an earthship. Can include some or all of the earthship systems: electricity, potable water, contained sewage treatment and sustainable food production. Craftsman designs, Colonial designs, Standard American Homes designs an more.
Green Building Options
- $100/sf - $250/sf and more.
- ultra low-income affordable housing
- basic 1150sf western world housing
- high-end, ultra luxury, modern, very big 12,000/sf or more
- large commercial buildings
Off-grid with grid-intertie for both power and water. All designs and building types can include some or all of the earthship systems:
- comfort: heating/cooling via solar and thermal dynamics.
- catch water
- sustainable food production
- liquid waste water treatment onsite, sanitary
Renovation / Remodel / Addition
- Upgrade kitchens, offices, bedrooms: remodel the look, super-efficient appliances, healthier materials.
- Upgrade lights and appliances: power. (home energy audit)
- Upgrade to grey water planters : save a lot of water!
- Upgrade to food production and choose from planters, greenhouses and container gardening.
- Upgrade your water source: catch water.
Pangea Builders offers a comprehensive suite of community development services that allow individuals, communities, and cities to completely thrive as independently as possible, while simultaneously recognizing and intelligently finding ways to integrate practical solutions that address the reality of a broadly interconnected world and economy.
Pangea Builders provides turnkey buildings that provide for all basic needs, we also offer programs and consultation for ways to accelerate and augment personal and collective growth and enterprise. Heightened comfort and self-sufficiency lead to real independence, and the result is a truly sustainable interdependence fortified by genuine abundance along with the equitable distribution of goods and services.
Pangea Builders is dedicated to providing individuals, communities, cities, and entire regions to thrive as independently as possible, while acting in harmony with our environment, among various cultures, and within the world economy. Pangea Builders blends a high-level, broad-spectrum worldview with excellence in creating the built environment that in turn allows for a comprehensive, value added product, structures and systems that extend beyond the structures themselves.
The sustainable building industry is maturing into a responsible, profit-centered growth industry. Technology has advanced to the point where sustainable building practices are increasingly incorporated into structures of all kinds today. For example, the transition to LED lighting represents just one thread in a broader trend towards greener living prevalent in mainstream consumption habits. From an architectural perspective, sustainable buildings are now virtually indistinguishable from the flow and design of contemporary conventional designs; no longer does a high performance building need to appear as if it were extracted from a science fiction film. These buildings achieve a seamless integration with existing architectural standards while, for example, utilizing materials that contribute to environmental stewardship. The construction industry will need to continue to meet the demands of sustainable living for the sake of a viable future for the planet and its inhabitants.
Sustainable Building Drawings
Usually, construction drawings cost 5% of the cost of construction. For example, if your building will cost $250k, then the drawings will cost $12,500. This is a problem and keeps the difficulty high for people to get into a home, conventional or sustainable.
We serve the people and therefore provide construction drawings at $1,500 per set. The number of drawings in a typical set of construction drawings can vary.
Customization is available at an hourly rate.
Available Construction Sets. $1,500 (limited time only)
Custom designs are also available.
- Three Bedroom, Two Bath Earthship with a two car garage.
- Two Bedroom, Four Bath, Two Level Earthship with a big, two level greenhouse.
- Studio Circle Earthship.
- Studio Square Earthship.
- Big Studio Earthship, one bedroom.
- Big Studio Earthship, two bedroom.
- Backyard Greenhouse for year round growing with Tool Shed.
- Backyard Greenhouse for year round growing.
- Backyard Greenhouse, very big.
- Hurricane Resistant Earthship.
- 12 unit Earthship Apartment Complex.
- Small Earthship Office with straw bale wrap, no berm.
- Three Bedroom, Three Bathroom large family Earthship.
- Health & Wellness Center. Very large.
- Two Bedroom, Three Bathroom, for slopes.
- Religious Center Earthship with very large sanctuary/auditorium.